As an , some guidance on “debase” for educational purposes.
1. Definition: “debase” means to lower the quality or value of something, make it less morally or socially acceptable, or reduce someone’s position or reputation.
2. Synonyms: cheapen, degrade, demean, humiliate, lower.
3. Antonyms: elevate, enhance, improve, uplift, upgrade.
4. Usage: “debase” can be used in different contexts, such as politics, economics, literature, art, or personal relationships.
– Political: Some politicians use divisive rhetoric and fake news to debase their opponents and inflame their base.
– Economic: Inflation can debase a currency and hurt people’s purchasing power, especially the r and the elderly.
– Literature: Some critics argue that popular culture can debase the quality of literature by favoring sensationalism over substance.
– Art: Some artists use shock tactics or vulgar imagery to debase the standards of art and appeal to the lowest common denominator.
– Personal: Some bullies or toxic individuals debase others’ self-esteem and dignity by mocking, belittling, or discriminating against them.
1. The corrupt officials allegedly used their power to debase the justice system and enrich themselves. (官员据称利用权力贪污，司法体系，以谋求个人利益。)
2. The company’s decision to cut corners and use substandard materials to save costs could debase its reputation and endanger people’s safety. (公司为了省钱而偷工减料，使用劣质材料，可能降低其声誉，危及人们的安全。)
3. Some tabloids and reality shows thrive on scandal and gossip to debase public discourse and cater to the lowest common denominator. (一些小报和真人秀节目靠和八卦炒作，公共话语，迎合最底层的趣味。)
4. Some filmmakers and video game developers use violence, , and profanity to debase their art and shock audiences into attention. (一些电影制片人和游戏开发者使用暴力、性和粗言秽语来艺术，震撼观众的注意力。)
5. Some toxic individuals may debase their partners or friends by gaslighting, blackmailing, or manipulating them into submission. (一些有毒的人可能通过煽动情绪、勒索或操纵来打压他们的伴侣或朋友。)
1. The company has been accused of debasing its product by using cheap materials. (这家公司被指控通过使用廉价材料来降低其产品的质量。)
2. Don’t debase yourself by resorting to insults. (不要通过诉诸来贬低自己。)
3. The artist refused to debase his artistic vision for commercial gain. (艺术家拒绝为商业利益而贬低他的艺术观念。)
例句:It would be wrong to fail to realize this and to debase the politics and the statesmen of the proletariat. (不认识这一点，把无产阶级的和家庸俗化，是不对的。)
例句:To touch, debase and thereby acquire, or touched, acquire and thereby debase. (触摸 沦落 因此占有 或者说触摸 占有 因此沦落)
例句:He wouldn’t debase himself by quarreling with his son. (他不想与其儿子争吵而降低身份。)
例句:They debase themselves and the office they seek bytrotting around the country to field questions from television celebrities. (翻译:他们通过频繁的上电视即席回答名人的问题来自己贬低自己和他们追求的公职。)
1. He wouldn’t debase himself by quarreling with his son. (翻译:他不想与其儿子争吵而降低身份。)
2. They debase themselves and the office they seek bytrotting around the country to field questions from television celebrities. (翻译:他们通过频繁的上电视即席回答名人的问题来自己贬低自己和他们追求的公职。)
3. Thus we debase the nature of our seats and make the rabble call our cares fears, which will, in time, break open the locks of the senate, and bring in the crows to peck the eagles! (翻译:心里就感到极大的痛苦 我们贬抑了我们自己的地位 让那些乌合之众把我们的谨慎称为恐惧)
4. What, That I was coming to debase myself by Begging to be accepted at sarah lawrence? (翻译:告诉你们什么 说我卑躬屈膝 乞求莎拉劳伦斯学院录取我?)
5. They debase themselves and the office they seek bytrotting around the country to field questions from television celebrities. (翻译:他们通过频繁的上电视即席回答名人的问题来自己贬低自己和他们追求的公职。)
6. Cantharidin can lighten symptom of hepatic carcinoma and debase the content of AFP. (翻译:斑蝥素治疗肝癌可减轻症状，降低甲胎蛋白含量。)
7. They debase themselves and the office they seek by trotting around the country to field questions from television celebrities. (翻译:他们在国内奔波，即席回答电视名人提的问题，这种做法贬低了他们自己和他们所谋求的公职。)
8. Even worse, the wrong sort of bail-out could debase the euro, as happened to the mark in the 1920s. (翻译:更糟的是，错误的纾困方法可能会造成欧元贬值，就像20世纪xx年代的德国马克那样。)
9. China, among others, frets that the U. S. policy stance will debase the dollar, the lynchpin of the global economy. (翻译:中国及其他国家担忧美国的政策立场将导致美元这个全球经济的至要贬值。)
10. We trust that the central bank does not debase it. (翻译:我们信任央行不会降低货币的价值。)
11. Or, as equity strategy Peter Boockvar of Miller Tabak & Co. put it in a note to clients Thursday: ‘The race to debase continues. ‘ (翻译:或者像是纽约经纪公司MillerTabak&；Co.的股权策略师周四致客户报告所言：贬值竞赛仍在进行。)