3. 同义词：respect, admiration, veneration, reverence, submission.
4. 反义词：disrespect, contempt, defiance, disobedience, insubordination.
1. We should show respect and deference to our teachers.
2. He showed deference to his father’s opinions.
3. She received high respect and accolades from her colleagues.
4. In business, showing respect and sincerity to customers is crucial.
5. We should respect people with different cultures and beliefs.
1. In C++, the operator * is used for dereferencing a pointer.
2. You need to dereference the object before you can access its properties.
例句:He treated her with exceeding deference, rose reverently to open and shut doors for her. (他对她极尽百依百顺之能事；诚惶诚恐地站起来为她开门，关门。)
例句:Put a snake venom in this batch just out of deference to our relationship. (蛇毒在酒里 Just out of deference to our relationship.)
例句:There is “the democratizing uniformity of dress and discourse, and the casualness and absence of deference” characteristic of popular culture. (流行文化的特点是“着装和话语的化统一，以及随意性和缺乏依从性”。)
例句:It’s based on more voluntary deference, and even elements of love, at times. (翻译:而是以自愿的服从﹐ 有时候甚至是爱的元素)
deference一般作为名词使用，如在in deference to(服从)、with deference(尊重地,顺从地,敬重地)、judicial deference(司法遵从; 司法尊重)等常见短语中出现较多。
1. There is “the democratizing uniformity of dress and discourse, and the casualness and absence of deference” characteristic of popular culture. (翻译:流行文化的特点是“着装和话语的化统一，以及随意性和缺乏依从性”。)
2. It’s based on more voluntary deference, and even elements of love, at times. (翻译:而是以自愿的服从﹐ 有时候甚至是爱的元素)
3. I’ve been counseled to remove all but the most pious pieces for the deference of our regal guests. (翻译:我被劝告删掉所有章节 只保留最虔诚的部分 是为了我们皇室的贵宾)
4. In deference to the ancients, I called this the “Osiris Plan.”? (翻译:为了表达对古人的敬意，我把这种方法命名为“奥西里斯计划”。)
5. Oh, in all due deference, Your Honor, (翻译:哦 无意冒犯 法官先生 Oh, in all due deference, Your Honor,)
6. Nor did they depend on an excessive deference to financial markets or to derivatives, which had mercifully not been invented. (翻译:他们也没有过度依赖金融市场或衍生品——幸运的是，当时尚未发明。)
7. In deference to your valuable time, I would like to get straight to the point and say that we were wrong. (翻译:为了节省你的宝贵时间，我想开门见山地说我们错了。)
8. Out of deference to Grandma, the father neglected to tell her that he had become a Christian. (翻译:为对尊重奶奶，父亲没有告诉她自己已经信了教。)
9. It’s based on more voluntary deference and even elements of love, at times. (翻译:而是以自愿的服从﹐ 有时候甚至是爱的元素 )
10. He noticed that they were all whispering together, looking towards him with something like awe and even obsequious deference. (翻译:他发现，大家在窃窃私语，用目光向他表示，有如目光中流露出恐惧，甚至是奴颜婢膝的样子。)
11. And Americans do swing from aggressive overpraise of their literature to an equally unfortunate, imitative deference. (翻译:而且美国人却从过分夸耀自己的文学，又不幸转为百依百顺的模仿。)
12. And he, unsuspecting of her love, is shy and treats her with deference. (翻译:而他性格腼腆 并未觉察到她对自己的爱 只是对她毕恭毕敬)
13. On the other hand, girls learn to be deferential, and anger is incompatible with deference. (翻译:在另一方面，女孩 学会要毕恭毕敬， 但愤怒与恭敬并不兼容。)
14. The women wore veils in deference to the customs of the country. (翻译:这些妇女戴着面纱是遵从这个国家的习俗。)
15. Perhaps remembering the deference to others’ achievements his father taught him, Mr Potanin is carefully polite about both. (翻译:或许还记得父亲教导自己要尊重他人的成就，波塔宁对这二人都小心翼翼地保持着客气。)